Cilantro Walnut Chicken
Cilantro Walnut Sauce
- 1 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves and stems
- 1/2 cup California walnuts
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped California walnuts
- Fresh cilantro leaves and fresh pico de gallo (optional toppers)
- Place all Cilantro Walnut Sauce ingredients in a food processor and process until very smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Sprinkle chicken with onion powder and sea salt. Set instant pot to sauté and melt half the butter. Add half the chicken and cook until lightly browned. Remove chicken from pot and repeat with remaining butter and chicken. Place all chicken in pot, add broth and lock pot.
- Set to pressure cook on normal temperature for 12 minutes. When cooking cycle is done, let stand for at least 10 minutes before carefully releasing the pressure valve.
- Remove cover and switch back to sauté setting. Let cook until half of the liquid has cooked off.
- Remove chicken from pot and stir in Cilantro Walnut Sauce. Serve sauce immediately over chicken and garnish with walnuts, cilantro leaves and pico de gallo, if desired.