California Walnut Muhammara
- 1 cup California walnuts, toasted
- 1 (16-oz.) jar roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil, finely chopped California walnuts and chopped fresh parsley (optional garnishes)
- Place walnuts in a food processor and process until they become thick and smooth like walnut butter.
- Place peppers in a strainer and drain well. Transfer to a plate and press between paper towels to remove any excess moisture.
- Add to the food processor with remaining ingredients and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and garnish with olive oil, walnuts and parsley, if desired.
- NOTE: Roasted peppers can vary in sweetness. Add an additional tablespoon of vinegar if the dip is too sweet, or a teaspoon of sugar if the dip is too tart.